The articles, products and services offered on this site are for informational purposes only. We recommend using caution and seeking professional advice. This site provides general information. We are part of the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program. Amazon.com receives compensation for sales resulting from links on our site.
Review our disclaimerbefore acting on anything you read or see.
Are you looking for the best home security camera? Well, you should go for the Arlo security camera because it is recommended by experts who have not only tested it but also used it in their homes. Once you install it, it will start working fine and you can see all the recordings and live videos. When installing it, you may encounter various problems with your base station, since it is difficult to understand these technical terms. It is necessary to know the specifications and the complete procedure for its installation. If your Arlo base station stops working, you should read the attached guide on "how to reset your Arlo base station".
How does the Arlo base station work?
The NETGEAR Arlo Base Station is primarily used to connect Arlo wireless cameras to the Internet through a router. A basic Wi-Fi network connects your Arlo and Arlo Pro wireless cameras to the Arlo base station.
It also enjoys long-range connectivity and has a long-lasting battery. However, on occasion, an Arlo user may experience an offline issue with an Arlo base station. This will prevent the user from playing or recording the recording because the camera will not work properly.
The first step to resolve the issue is to switch the Arlo base station to online mode from offline mode. It is even used to improve range and extend battery life. Its functionality is backed by USB backup, 7 days of free cloud recording, and a smart siren.
Arlo Base Station Features
Read its features and find out how it will improve security with great ease.
- Offers long-term connectivity as well as longer battery life
- Compatible with Arlo and Arlo Pro cameras
- Connects Arlo wireless cameras to the Internet through your home router
- Includes USB backup, smart siren and 7 days of cloud recording
How to reset the Arlo base station?
Follow the procedure to reset the Arlo base station
Resetting the Arlo base station will return it to its default settings. The serial number is removed from your Arlo account. Follow the procedure below and apply the following:-
- Press the reset and sync buttons with the pin or clip straightened.
- Hold down for at least 10 seconds and let the LED start blinking orange.
- When the indicator light stops flashing amber, it will start over.
- Open the Arlo app and tap the Arlo icon when the power and internet lights are green.
- Click the "New System Settings" button.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
Follow the steps above and quickly reboot your Arlo base station.
To reset a base station or SmartHub to factory settings:
- Use a pen or unfolded paper clip to press and hold the reset button on the back of the base station or SmartHub for approximately 10 seconds.
- Release the Reset button.
- The LED on the front of the base station will turn yellow after the reset is complete. When the LED stops flashing orange, your base station will reboot.
- The base station and associated Arlo cameras and products are removed from the Arlo account.
Follow the steps below to add and set up your base station or SmartHub.
To add and configure your access point or your SmartHub:
- Sign in to the Arlo app.
- On the Devices page, tap Add new device.
- Select Central/Base Station.
- Follow the instructions to reconnect your base station or SmartHub to your Arlo account.
- Use the Arlo app to add and configure other Arlo devices.
How to restore the Arlo base station to factory settings
If you perform a factory data reset, your base station will be reset to its default settings. It also removes the serial number from your Arlo account.
To restore factory settings on the base station, follow these steps:
- Use the open clip to press and hold the reset button on the back of the base station for approximately 10 seconds.
- When the base station reset is complete, the LEDs on the front of the base station will flash orange. Once the LEDs stop flashing orange, your base station will resume. The base station associated with your Arlo account has been disabled.
- Sign in to your Arlo account by tapping the Arlo icon on your mobile device when the Power and Internet LEDs turn green.
- Type netgear.com in the address bar of your browser if you are using a computer.
- Select New System Settings by tapping or clicking on it.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the setup.
If your Arlo cameras are synced to the base station, you may need to sync the cameras to the base station again.
Reasons Arlo Base Station keeps freezing and how to fix it
Before we recognize the steps to solve a problem, we need to know the reason for the problem. There are many possible reasons for no connection issues with the Arlo base station. Below are some of the important causes of offline issues.
Incorrect Arlo Base Station setup:
The Arlo base station must be set up correctly. If you miss the point during setup, you probably have a problem with your Arlo database offline.
Slow internet connection:
Sometimes there may be a poor or weak internet connection. Therefore, your Arlo base station may not be able to connect due to a poor or weak Internet connection. So try contacting your ISP.
Router firmware issue:
Check if your router firmware is up to date or not. If it's not up to date, update it and reconnect to the Arlo camera.
Examine the LEDs on the Arlo base station.
Before you begin troubleshooting, check the device lights on the front of the system to make sure your system is online or offline. There is an LED difference between the old Arlo camera and the new Arlo camera because the new Arlo camera has one LED, while the old Arlo base stations have three or five LEDs.
What is the purpose of resetting the Arlo base?
Factory reset will reset your Arlo base station or SmartHub to its default settings. With all devices and cameras paired, the base station is removed from your Arlo account when you perform a factory reset. After the factory reset, you need to complete the setup again.
Why is my Arlo base station disconnecting?
If there are metal items or thick walls and ceilings between the camera and the base station, the camera may turn off. Do you have an access point or other Wi-Fi device near the SmartHub or base station? If so, your Arlo system may be experiencing Wi-Fi congestion.
What's wrong with my bright orange Arlo dock?
A blinking yellow LED on the SmartHub indicates that the camera is out of range. This could be due to range or a weak signal due to interference. If your cameras are working, this may not be a problem, but it could cause the cameras to not transmit.
What happens if I reset the Arlo camera?
Restoring your Arlo wireless camera to factory defaults returns the settings to their default values and removes the camera from your account. This means that you must set up the Arlo app to use your camera after performing a factory reset.
How can I reset Arlo?
The Arlo app is available in the Google Play and Apple app stores.
- In the top menu, tap or click Settings (upper right corner, to the right of the mode).
- Tap or click on the appropriate camera. Multiple cameras may appear.
- Touch or click. Resume. You may need to scroll down.
- Press to confirm the reset.
Why won't my Arlo connect?
Make sure the router is turned on. If the Internet light on your base station is amber, it's connected to your network but not to the Arlo cloud server. Turn on the Internet LED of the base station which is green, reset it to factory settings and restart the setup process.
What does the blue light of Arles mean?
A flashing blue light on the camera usually indicates an attempt to pair with the base station. If it is flashing slowly, a fast flashing blue light means it has been paired. It should turn off a few seconds after syncing.
If you need help from an Arlo administrator, contact the Arlo support team and get an immediate response from Arlo's most experienced technicians.
How do I reconnect my Arlo Base Station? ›
To power cycle your base station, unplug the power adapter from the outlet, wait two minutes, and reconnect the power adapter to the outlet. The base station takes one to two minutes to start. When the power LED and Internet LED light solid green, your base station is connected to the Internet.How do I reset my Arlo Base Station to a new WIFI? ›
- Launch the Arlo Secure App.
- Tap Settings > My Devices.
- Select the name of your Arlo device.
- Tap Connected to, directly below the Device On switch.
- Tap Change Network at the bottom of the screen.
If Arlo still cannot discover your base station, check the color of the Internet LED on your base station: If the Internet LED does not light after two minutes, the base station failed to connect to your router. Unplug and re-insert both ends of the Ethernet cable connecting your base station to your router.How do I reset my Arlo Base Station password? ›
- Launch the Arlo app or visit my.arlo.com.
- Tap or click Log In.
- Tap or click Forgot Password?
- Enter your email address.
- Tap or click Submit. ...
- Tap or click Reset Password in the email from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Arlo Reset Password page displays.
- Create a new password.
To perform a factory reset on your SmartHub or base station:
Use a pen or straightened paperclip to press and hold the Reset button on the back of the base station for about 10 seconds. After the base station reset is complete, the LEDs on the front of the base station flash amber.
An error has occurred or something is wrong with the connection. Slow Blinking Amber. The camera connection can't be found, is out of range, or some other connection error has occurred.How do I connect my base station to my new WiFi? ›
On your device, go to Settings > Wi-Fi, then tap the name of your base station (for example, “AirPort Extreme 0affff”) listed under “Set up new AirPort base station.” Follow the onscreen instructions. The setup assistant automatically provides the best solution for your network.How do I reset my Arlo camera for a new owner? ›
Tap Device Settings > Remove Device. This requires the camera to be online and to have battery power. To factory reset your Arlo wire-free camera: Press and hold the sync button on the the camera for about 15 seconds, until the camera LED begins blinking amber, then let go.What is the sync button on Arlo Base Station? ›
Pressing and holding the sync button resets the Go 2 Camera to its factory settings. For more information, visit: How do I factory reset and re-sync my Arlo camera?Why are my base stations not connecting? ›
Turn the base station off and on again. Make sure that you've installed your base stations correctly. For details, see Installing the base stations. If the base stations have trouble wirelessly syncing with each other, there might be an obstruction in your play area.
Why is my Arlo not recognizing my device? ›
Make sure your mobile device and Arlo device are not too far away from your WiFi router. We recommend placing your camera 10-15 feet (3-4.5 meters) away from your WiFi router during the setup process. When the camera is set up and connected, you can move the camera to any place within range of your WiFi router.Why did my Arlo stopped working? ›
If you experience frequent crashes on your Arlo app, try uninstalling the Arlo app and reinstalling it. Other apps on your mobile device could play a part in the frequent crashes of the Arlo app. Running multiple apps take up device resources which can cause apps to perform poorly or crash altogether.How do I reset my base station? ›
- Disconnect the base station from power.
- While holding down the reset button, plug the base station into power and continue to hold the reset button for about 5 seconds, until you see the three status lights turn on. Then release the button.
If you are referring to the password for the Arlo Base Station, there is none. You simply connect the base station to your router via ethernet and then log in to your existing Arlo account to view cameras.How do I find my base station password? ›
If you need to find out what your wifi password is, select “Base Station” within the Airport Utility, scroll down and select “Equivalent Network Password.” Your wifi network password will now be displayed.How do I reset my Arlo camera without the app? ›
- Press and hold the sync button on the camera for about 15 seconds.
- Wait to ensure that the camera LED rapidly blinks blue after 15 seconds, then release the button. Your camera is reset to factory defaults.
Arlo Light LEDs
The light is attempting to connect. Blinking red. The light failed to connect. Blinking green. The light connected successfully.
- Launch the Arlo app or log in to your Arlo account at my.arlo.com.
- Tap or click the settings icon under the camera that you want to check. Your Arlo camera's battery level displays.
The camera failed to sync with the SmartHub or base station. Alternating blue and amber. A firmware update is in progress.Does Arlo base station need to be connected to router? ›
Each base station must be connected to your router using an Ethernet cable. Note: You can also connect an Arlo or Arlo Pro base station to a WiFi extender if the extender has an available Ethernet port. Was this article helpful?
How do I add a new Arlo base station? ›
Use the Add Device button at the bottom of the cameras tab when you first log in. Choose the base station (and later any cameras) and add as desired. Once you obtain a second base, connect it to your switch/router via ethernet cable, add to account.How do I manually restart my Arlo camera? ›
- From the top menu, tap or click. Settings. (upper-right, to the right of Mode).
- Tap or click the appropriate camera. Multiple cameras may appear.
- Tap or click. Restart. . May require scrolling to the bottom.
- To confirm, tap. Restart. . Allow several seconds for the process to complete.
Closing an Arlo account permanently deletes your account data, including recordings, settings, and content saved in the Arlo cloud. After account closure, this information cannot be retrieved, and your account cannot be restarted.Can I connect New Arlo to old base station? ›
Arlo Wire-Free and Arlo Pro cameras and base stations are completely compatible with one another. In most cases, you can install your new Arlo Pro system without making any changes to your existing Arlo Wire-Free system.What are the 3 lights on Arlo base station? ›
- Solid Blue. Connected to the Internet.
- Slow Blinking Blue.
- Fast Blinking Blue. The SmartHub or Base Station with Siren has successfully paired with a camera.
- Solid Amber. An error has occurred or something is wrong with the connection.
- Slow Blinking Amber. ...
- Alternating Blue-Amber.
- Off. ...
The base station LED is off
If the LED on the Vive base station is not lit up, that means the base station is not receiving power. Make sure the power cord is plugged in. If the base station is plugged into an outlet but not powering on, try a different outlet.
Base Stations packaged with VR Kits are configured to channels 1 and 2. Individually purchased Base Stations have their channels set between channels 3 and 16. If you're using a fourth Base Station or using VR in a place with more than one play area set up, you may need to update channel settings to avoid conflicts.How do I reinstall my base station firmware? ›
Using a micro-USB cable, connect the base stations to one of your computer's USB ports one at time. While pressing the Channel button at the back of the base station, plug in the base station's power adapter. Once the base station is detected by the SteamVR app, the firmware update will start automatically.How do I connect my Arlo to my WiFi? ›
- Launch the Arlo Secure App.
- Tap Add New Device.
- Select your Arlo device.
- Select your Arlo model.
- Follow the in-app instructions.
- If Arlo detects that you have a SmartHub or Base Station, tap Connect without SmartHub.
Arlo wire-free camera batteries last approximately 3–6 months with average use. Arlo Go camera batteries last approximately 2–3 months with average use, depending on mobile signal strength. Arlo Q, Q Plus, and Baby cameras do not use batteries.
What is the life expectancy of an Arlo camera? ›
|Arlo Ultra||Arlo Pro|
|Type||Not interchangeable. Proprietary.||Interchangeable with Arlo Pro 2. Proprietary.|
|Summary||Battery life lasts ~3-4 months in our testing. Improved magnetic plug attaches to bottom of camera.||Battery life lasts ~6 months in our testing.|
The factory reset may take 15 to 45 seconds to complete. Note: If you accidentally hold the Sync button too long (greater than 30 seconds), wait one minute, then try again. Launch the Arlo Secure App or log in to your Arlo account at my.arlo.com.How do you factory reset a system unit? ›
🖥 How to Factory Reset a PC
Navigate to Settings > Update & Security > Recovery. You should see a title that says “Reset this PC.” Click Get Started. You can either select Keep My Files or Remove Everything.
- From the System Utilities screen, select System Configuration > BIOS/Platform Configuration (RBSU) > Server Security > Secure Boot Settings > Advanced Secure Boot Options > Reset all keys to platform defaults and press Enter.
- Press Enter.
All Arlo video recordings can be stored to the cloud, but you can connect a USB device to your Arlo base station or SmartHub and use the USB device as a second location to store recordings locally.Does Arlo connect to WiFi or base station? ›
When you first set up your Arlo camera, you have the option to connect the camera directly to your WiFi router or to an Arlo SmartHub or base station. You can use the Arlo app to connect directly to your WiFi router.How do I reset my camp password? ›
- On the Company Login window, select I forgot my password.
- Select an email from the dropdown list, then Next. The system will email a token to reset your password. ...
- Enter the token from your email.
A WPA key is a password that you use to connect to a wireless network. You can get the WPA password from whoever runs the network. In some cases, a default WPA passphrase or password may be printed on a wireless router. If you can't determine the password on your router, you may be able to reset it.What is the PSP password? ›
The default password at the time of purchase is .How can I get my Arlo base station back online remotely? ›
If your camera is offline after you switched to a new router or made changes to your Internet network, press and release the Sync button on the Arlo SmartHub or base station. The Internet LED blinks for 10 seconds, then your Arlo camera resumes normal operation.
How do I reconnect my Arlo hub to the Internet? ›
Turn the base station on by pressing the On-Off button. Wait for the power LED and Internet LED on the front of the base station to turn green in about two minutes. If you're using a single-LED base station, wait for the LED to turn blue. Your base station is connected to the Internet.What do I do if my Arlo device is offline? ›
Log out of the Arlo app on your mobile device or web browser and log back in again. If your camera still appears offline in the Arlo app, visit Arlo Support to speak with an expert. The LED blinks blue and purple. The camera is connecting to the network and the cloud.How do I connect my Arlo base station to my app? ›
From the Devices screen, tap or click Add New Device, and select your camera from the list. Continue through the in-app instructions until Arlo detects a SmartHub or base station. Follow the in-app instructions to connect your camera to the SmartHub or base station.Can I connect my Arlo base wirelessly? ›
When you first set up your Arlo camera, you have the option to connect the camera directly to your WiFi router or to an Arlo SmartHub or base station. You can use the Arlo app to connect directly to your WiFi router.What happens if I restart my Arlo hub? ›
Performing a factory reset returns your Arlo Base Station or SmartHub to its default settings. After performing a reset, the Base Station or SmartHub must be removed and re-added to your Arlo account. All devices paired to the Base Station or SmartHub must also be reset and re-added to your Arlo account.